The International Federation of Air Line Pilots’ Associations (IFALPA) is a Canadian not-for-profit organization representing over 70 Member Associations with over 100,000 professional pilots worldwide.
For almost 75 years, the mission of IFALPA has been to promote the highest level of aviation safety worldwide and to be the global advocate of the piloting profession, providing representation, services, and support to both our members and the aviation industry.
To fill a vacant, full-time position, IFALPA is hiring a
Under the direction of the Executive Vice-President Technical & Safety Standards (EVP TSS) and the Technical Director, the Technical Officer supports, coordinates, and advises on technical and safety related activities and initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Reporting to the Technical Director (TD).
– Assisting the Executive Vice-President Technical & Safety Standards (EVP TSS) and the Technical Director as directed and required.
– Sharing with (Senior) Officers the organization, support, and coordination of Standing Committees, Working Groups, or other internal groups and acting as Rapporteur for some Committees and Working Groups as assigned by the Executive Committee.
– Keeping abreast of developments and trends related to assigned technical areas by studying relevant documents, reports, and manuals.
– Analysing the rationales, benefits, and financial implications of attending external meetings in assigned technical areas and making recommendations for suitable representatives.
– In coordination with Technical Director, drafting communication on technical and safety matters stemming from the assigned work.
– Communicating and exchanging on a regular basis with other (Senior) Officers, relevant Elected Officers, and other Staff on assigned technical or other issues.
– Together with assigned Committees and Working Groups, developing capacity building activities (e.g., training courses) within the Technical Department and other departments as required.
– Liaising with and supporting IFALPA’s Regional Representation, including planning, coordinating, and attending Regional Meetings in assigned Region(s).
– Preparing and reviewing papers and presentations to represent IFALPA in meetings, seminars, workshops, and conferences where required.
– Reviewing ICAO State Letters and formulating IFALPA’s responses in coordination with relevant technical Subject Matter Experts.
– Providing cover for other Officers during their periods of absence.
– Attending the annual IFALPA Conference, Regional Meetings, Executive Board Meetings, and other meetings as directed by the EVP TSS or by the Directorate.
– Assisting the Directorate as required and carrying out other duties that may be assigned by them.
The successful candidate must possess:
– Excellent leadership, coaching, and people management skills.
– Must be flexible, adaptable, agile, and proactive in troubleshooting issues in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
– Excellent interpersonal, intercultural, and communication (verbal & written English) skills to ensure optimum Member and employee relations.
– Service-oriented and teamwork-centred mentality.
– Proactive nature – recognizes issues before they happen and adjusts.
– Proven advocacy skills and excellent project management skills.
– Willing to travel internationally on a regular basis.
– A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in advocacy positions in aviation or related government settings.
– Previous experience in coordinating high performing teams with operations responsibilities.
– Proven ability to generate results through people.
– Proven project management skills.
– Leads by example in demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning and continuous process improvement.
– Ability to work cohesively with employees and volunteers as part of a team.
– Excellent analytical, time management, and organizational skills.
– Possesses a high level of professionalism and integrity while maintaining the confidentiality of all organization and member association related matters.
– Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
– Experience as a pilot.
– Familiarity with non-profit organizations, especially pilots’ associations.
– University degree in Aerospace Engineering, Aviation Management, or a related field.
The position will be based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Deadline for applications: 30 Sep 2022.
Please direct any questions and your application (cover letter and CV) by email to:
Christoph Schewe, IFALPA Managing Director, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to Crew4jets@aol.com