Website American Express
Work Location Options:
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague share in the company’s success.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
The American Express Flight Attendant is most importantly a member of the American Express Company and will commit to the Companies Blue Box Values.
Our Purpose: Extending the Brand and Enhancing the Success of American Express around the Globe.
Our Mission: Provide world class air transportation solutions that maximize executive capacity through an uncompromising focus on safety, service and integrity.
Responsibilities: As an integral member of a professional Corporate Flight Department, you will be responsible for cabin safety, management, creating and maintaining an in-flight virtual office, tending to the needs, and providing optimal service to our executive customers during global travel.
- Ensuring the safety, comfort, and welfare of our passengers.
- Implementing and operating full cabin management systems.
- Serving as the liaison between Cockpit Crew and passengers ensuring timely delivery of in-flight communications.
- Managing a seamless in-flight virtual “Onboard Office Environment”
- Providing instruction to customers on the operation of on-board equipment, safety devices and procedures.
- Maintaining safety and culinary proficiency through company-provided training, self-directed study, and networking within the flight attendant industry.
- Driving standardization for our customers by maintaining passenger preferences and sharing information with flight attendant team.
- Engaging appropriate customer feedback on trip experience and service level to identify personal preferences and/or problems and provide follow-through.
- Accountable for maintaining all IT forms, checklists, and accessories.
- Providing high quality catering experience with a budget-conscious mindset.
- Ensuring confidentiality of customers.
- Organizing and maintaining commissary stock for aircraft to ensure best cost on highest quality products.
- Providing training, shadowing and guidance to full time and contract flight attendants.
- Managing and maintaining content of cabin book and all technology forms on all aircraft.
- Attending annual safety training and MedAire training.
- Handling various administrative duties and tasks during and after travel.
- Motivated self-starter to help with creating and learning new technologies and equipment to support our passengers.
- The individual is expected to engage in other department projects, task groups and teams as assigned. The individual may be asked to lead or coordinate one of these efforts from time to time.
- The individual is expected to continuously improve skills and knowledge as necessary to keep pace with the fast pace of technological changes.
- Expected to be flexible to work with other teams, in different roles and duties as directed by Manager of Cabin Services
Skills And Abilities Required for This Role:
- Three years of corporate aviation flight attendant background, with emphasis on corporate and global travel required.
- Proficiency in cabin technologies and in-flight virtual office. Familiarity with Apple devices, Microsoft Windows, print processes for computer and iPad equipment.
- Must be able to work as a team member and complete office duties.
- Communication skills are a must along with follow through on projects and tasks.
- Completion of Flight Safety, Aircraft Evacuation and MedAire/American Heart Training.
- CPR Certification and ability to use a defibrillator.
- In-flight culinary experience.
- Highest level customer service skills; experience tending to executive level clientele.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage multiple priorities independently.
- Keen problem-solving ability. Must be able to quickly identify problems, determine possible solutions and act quickly to provide resolutions.
- Strong relationship building, communication, collaboration and teamwork skills that is consistent with the AMEX Blue Box values and the Aviation Team Commitments.
- Flexibility for global travel and ability to be on call an absolute must.
- A focus on continual development and improved skill set.
- Must live within two hours of Aviation department at Stewart International Airport, Newburgh, New York for a required three-hour report time.
Salary Range: $40.85 to $72.10 hourly + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected hourly pay range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we’ll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Due to the global nature of this role, Covid Vaccination is required. You will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) prior to your start date in role. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees – Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.