SOUTHAVEN, Miss. – April 18, 2016 – Women in Corporate Aviation (WCA), the premier non-profit mentoring association for professionals in corporate and business aviation, has announced its 2016 Fall Scholarships, which include over $65,000 in leadership, training and certification opportunities. WCA members are encouraged to apply by August 15, 2016.
Remember you must be an active member to apply. Many of the scholarship offerings do not cover travel and expenses. That includes the NBAA Conference. As a winner of any scholarship you are responsible for your own travel expenses and conference fees if you decided to attend the conference. We look forward to reading all of your submission packages. If you have any questions please send an email to the scholarship committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 1 - Scholarship application window opens
- September 1 - Scholarship application deadline
- October 1 - Scholarship winners notified
Women in Corporate Aviation Spring Scholarships
- Air Training International Flight Procedures Training Scholarship ($1,700) for international flight procedures training.
- AirFlite, a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Sales,USA, Maintenance Training Scholarship ($3,000) for further education, professional development or career advancement in the area of maintenance aviation technology.
- AirFlite, a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Sales,USA, Pilot Training Scholarship ($3,000) for further education, professional development or career advancement for either current professional pilot or students working on pilot certifications.
- CAE SimuFlite Citation 500 Series Aircraft Type Rating Scholarship ($22,000) for type rating in the Citation 500 Series aircraft.
- Corporate Flight Attendant Training by Susan C. Friedenberg Scholarship ($4,200) for four day flight attendant training.
- Executive Jet Management Training Scholarship ($2,000) for tuition of any aviation related training or education for graduate or undergraduate students.
- FlightSafety International Type Rating Scholarship Choice of Citation Ultra or Bravo ($21,400) for type rating in either the Citation Ultra or Bravo.
- Signature Flight Support Corporation Scholarship ($3,000) for professional development or career advancement in any job classification of corporate/business aviation.
- Women in Corporate Aviation Career Scholarship ($2,000) to be used toward professional development training to support a career in corporate aviation.
- Women in Corporate Aviation Leadership Scholarship (up to $3,000) to be used toward professional development training to support a career aviation management.
WCA scholarship rules and information:
· Members may apply for a MAXIMUM of 2 scholarships.
· Log into www.wca-intl.org to view scholarship application.
· Applications must include a 500-word essay, two letters of recommendation and certificates, transcripts, and résumés, as applicable.
· WCA is not responsible for housing, transportation or other associated fees.
· The awards must be used within one calendar year.
· For questions not addressed on the WCA website, email email@example.com
About Women in Corporate Aviation - WCA is a premier 501(C)(3) non-profit premier mentoring association for professionals in corporate and business aviation. Providing networking, mentoring, scholarships and educational opportunities for current and future corporate/business aviation professionals, WCA offers individual and corporate memberships. http://www.wca-intl.org.